Monday 24 February 2014

Mushroom, Spinach and Cream Sauce


I don't usually cook with cream but we had a pot of Elmlea lurking in the back of the fridge which I bought when I had friends over and forgot to get out!






Mushroom, Spinach and Cream Sauce



Softened Mushrooms
  • 1 onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • oil or butter
  • punnet/tub of mushrooms
  • 1/2 a bag of spinach
  • cream
  • salt and pepper


Chop onion and crush garlic, gently fry until softened.

Throw in the chopped mushrooms, cook until soft. 
Add salt and pepper and cream, heat through gently.
Tip in spinach and stir until wilted.

We had it on some whole wheat pasta.

Luxury version - add walnuts and grated cheese


Spicy Version - add a little smoky paprika


Meaty Version - I think chorizo would overpower this but it might be good over a grilled chicken breast

2 comments:

  1. Looks scrumptious ...and simple to do. My kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's my kind of cooking what have I got and what can I do with it, quickly!

      Delete